Re: Qt license

Philippe Troin wrote:
:
: I've just followed one of the links about KDE in someone's previous
: post, and found that Qt (on which KDE is based) has a ``strange''
: license.
: It free only for free software (eg. GPL'ed programs).
: Could we still package this is the free section ?

It sould appear in contrib, not free.  Since it is NOT FREE in the
sense, FREE is often understood.

The people from trolltech have blessed the distribution in contrib,
after reading the policy manual.

    Heiko
--
email : heiko@lotte.sax.de heiko@debian.org heiko@sax.de
pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92