Re: Elvis Packaging questions

Stuart Lamble wrote:

> should do what you need to do.
>
> >	dpkg --purge elviscmn
> >	rm -rf /usr/lib/elvis   # This removes the old configuration files
>
> If they're listed as conffiles, then --purge will get rid of them in any
> case.

I tried this before i wrote the message.  Yes, dpkg --purge removes the
conffiles; however, dpkg leaves the directory that the conffiles were in
intact.  It seems to me that dpkg should remove all empty directories after
a purge command is complete.  As is, the above "rm" command removes the
empty, and now unnecessary directory.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen        Web:    http://www.et.byu.edu/~andersee/