Re: What architecture are we?

From: "Brian C. White" <bcwhite@verisim.com>
> It seems that some packages use the architecture "i386-linux" while others
> use "i486-linux".  Can we have a policy on this?  Perl just switched from
> one to another and is breaking things.

This is very definitely a bug, probably in the perl package and not in
some tool used to build it. Please file it now.

The architecture of your platform is the one returned by

	dpkg --print-architecture

If this is not sufficiently documented in the DPKG Programmer's Manual
or the Debian Policy Manual, we need to add text.

	Thanks

	Bruce