Re: Debian WWW standards version 2.0

On Nov 3, bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens) wrote:
[regarding /usr/doc, and <the ROM cgi-bin directory>]
> Debian packages may install files under the above directories and may expect
> the WWW server to immediately make these files available. To facilitate this
> the WWW server may create a script "/usr/bin/update-debian-www". Packages that
> install files in the above-mentioned directories will detect the existance of
> this script in their postinst scripts, and will execute the script if it
> exists. The script must scan the above mentioned areas for files, and must
> make those files accessable.

This implies that only one server can be installed at a time, right?
Perhaps the 'update-debian-www' script needs to be a wrapper that
calls all the existing 'update-debian-www-<server_pkg_name>' scripts?

Also, requiring all the packages that install stuff in /usr/doc to
call this script pretty much requires that *all* packages be updated,
correct?

Steve Greenland

--
The Mole - I think, therefore I scream

			"In a few years, I think we'll be marketing Marvel
			 Comics like computer software."
[Archie Goodwin]