Re: dpkg-buildpackage problem: diff fails if images changes.

Guy Maor wrote:

> Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@megabaud.fi> writes:
>
> > I was thinking to package the source with binaries (images, etc.)
> > uuencoded, so diff will not fail, but also this doesn't seem a great
> > idea.
>
> I don't think you have any choice.  One of the goals of the new source
> scheme was to provide the original sources, and a diff that can be
> applied on a non-Debian system.  So all the changes have to be things
> that diff can do.

Ok, Thanks, I do this  way.
and also thanks to Christoph and 'Daffy' for the help.

Anyway, this is only a short cut.
diff is line oriented, so any change in the image (strip of the comment,
for example) result in diff as a complete change of the whole file.

Well, better than nothing :-)

ciao
Fabrizio
| e-mail: fpolacco@megabaud.fi    fpolacco@debian.org         |
| http://megabaud.fi/~fpolacco/   Join the UKI Linux Project! |
| fingerprint 70 1A 72 2D 2B C8 A5 63 7A C2 CC E0 2A 54 AE DA |
| finger: fpolacco@megabaud.fi    fpolacco@master.debian.org  |