Re: Debian Logo

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Joey Hess wrote:

> > I think it would help if we would have a Debian Logo.
> > A logo is an eye catcher and a symbol something can easily
> > identified with.
> >
> > After (or to be more exact during) the the problems with the FSF
> > the BabyGNU logo disapeared from the Debian www site.
> >
> > To fix this "problem" I ask all of you who are interested to create
> > logos which I will put up during the next few weeks on the following page:
> >
> > http://www.i-Connect.Net/~mike/debian/
>
> There was an announcement a few weeks ago about someoneelse who has set up
> a logo page for debian. It didn't seem to generate much discussion at the
> time, though.

I didn't see that announcement.

We really should discuss it, since this is something that is
very important for promoting Debian.

> I have a rough logo of a crossword-puzzle of 3 words that's meant to refer
> to the interconnectedness of debian, gnu and linux:
> I'll send you a gif version of the same by private email.

Thanks !

Mike

Michael Neuffer                i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
mike@i-Connect.Net             14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140
503.677.2900                   Beaverton, OR 97008