Re: source dependancies != binary dependancies

Paul Haggart wrote:
:
:
:   I'm working on a package right now (FTE) that requires perl to be able to
: compile, but perl isn't needed when the program is in binary form.  Is there
: a control file directive for this, or do I just make it depend on perl
: all-round?
:
:   Can you tell I'm new to this?  :)

Dependencies are only for the binaries.  People who want to compile
the packages should know what they're doing and what packages to
install, if the compilation/building breaks with ... file not found.

(However, it would be nice, to have dependencies for the source packages
too ... )

    Heiko
--
email : heiko@lotte.sax.de heiko@debian.org heiko@sax.de
pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92