svgalib and packaging....

Hi all,

I am currently working on creating a new svgalib package, since no one
else seems to want it.  (Although, I want to make sure I can manage it
before I 'officially' take it over :).  Svgalib is by far my largest,
most complicated packaging attempt to date, and I've run into a little
stickiness.  So, the following questions come up:

1) due to the numbering scheme given the old package, (1.2.8 was
packaged as 1.28), any attempts to package svgalib as 1.2.10 fails
(1.210 would work for the moment, but it seems to me it's just putting
off problems.). what would be the right way to force it to recognize
1.28 as an upgrade from 1.2.10

2) I'm having a little problem doing an a.out compile.  I don't seem
to have an a.out compiler.  I installed the a.out binutils, and the
a.out gcc, but the aout-gcc package seems to be empty (?).  I'm
downloading the aout-gcc package by hand to play with it and see if I
can figure out what went wrong, but if anyone has any suggestions,
send 'em my way :)

Just as a note, if anyone else wants to do this, be my guest; I'm only
doing it because I'm a console freak and it works better with my vid
card :)

-Larry
--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/