Re: The Future of Debian's TeX packages

   > Both packages (teTeX and NTeX) have full sources and conform to the
   > TDS (TeX Directory Structure) filesystem setup. Therefore it isn't
   > very hard to make sure that the distribution conforms to the FSSTND.
   > As both packages were (originally) done on linux, they also have an
   > FSSTND compilation mode which should set most paths to the right point.

   I just browsed through TDS and discovered at least one incompatibility
   with FSSTND: The TeX docs go under /usr/lib/texmf/doc where we are used to
   /usr/doc/texmf. Which one should we choose? I personally would say that
   our FSSTND has priority.

Just use a symlink?

But I vote for an existing distribution. Debian and the distribution
may interact and both will benefit. (I made a (La)TeX distribution for
French people some time ago, and it was very hard to keep up to date
with the new things in the TeX word, so I think it's good to base the
TeX packages on a distribution involving some people doing just that).

Yves.