Re: dpkg-gencontrol error during dpkg-buildpackage

Syrus Nemat-Nasser writes:
->
-> Hi.  I'm trying to implement the new packaging format on some
-> relatively simple packages, but I've hit an error that I don't
-> understand:

-> 	dpkg-gencontrol
-> 	dpkg-gencontrol: error: control file must have at least one binary
-> 	package part
-> 	make: *** [binary-arch] Error 29

Well, I'm not an expert on the new package format, so don't take this
as gospel, but it sounds like the debian/control file isn't in the
proper format.  It should have a source part at the top, with Source,
Section, Priority, Maintainer and Standards-version headers. Then,
there should be a blank line (no spaces), and then Package,
architecture, depends, and description fields.  My guess would be that
either

a) The blank line isn't truly blank, or
b) the control file is still in the old format.

-Larry

--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/