nfs, lockd.. stuff..

Quick one...

 Setting up linux as an nfs server for home (and eventually mail...) for
 an irix box.

 Getting problems though... when mail was mounted over, errors were popping
 up about flock this and that. so we unmounted that.

 Now, samba won't let access to files from the home (nfs mounted) directory.

 Anyhow, i was reading for some info. I came upon references to lockd/statd
 on both client/server sides. Ok, could someone help me out here?? what
do i need where to have this succesfully up and running.

  (btw, debian 1.1.4 release..)

 any help, greatly appreciated..

-Frank