Re: Repost: POSIX 1387.2 (package-management)

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

> From: bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens)
> > I've heard that RPM and DPKG are far superior to POSIX packages.
>
> From: kai@khms.westfalen.de (Kai Henningsen)
> > That's nice, but does anybody know for sure?
> > Has *anybody* here actually *seen* the specification?
>
> Nobody I know. Does anyone know of a system that provides them, so we
> could see what they are like from a user standpoint?

Did an alta-vista search on: POSIX AND "package management"
and got one hit.

http://ftp.lasermoon.co.uk/linux-ft/package-formats.html

So far netscrape has been unable to raise the site. (at least down my wet
string)
If anyone else can raise the site, please let me know if this is what we
are looking for.

Thanks,

Dwarf