Re: cfgtool 1.0 -- alea iacta est

You (Brian C. White) wrote:
> > I rewrote the data storage part of cfgtool. It now stores all
> > variables in one file, to avoid wasting storage. The one file
> > is a binary file, which is not very nice, but it should be a
> > portable one, assuming 8 bit chars and character sets and so on.
>
> What about endianness?

Why not just the "variable = value" style so it can be editted with
a text editor? You could define that special characters be escaped,
in MIME-Quoted-printable or HTTP..

I'd like to source the file directly in a shell script, or parse it
with a perl script, or whatever.

Mike.
--
   Miquel van      | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
   Smoorenburg,    | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/