Re: Dpkg-shlibdeps broken ?

[I pressed the send button too early :-(]

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996 04:21:31 +0200 Helmut Geyer (Helmut.Geyer@IWR.Uni-
Heidelberg.De) wrote:

> The problem is that you have no utmp entry on the pty you're using.
> Let me guess, you're using color-xterm. color-xterm is broken
> (i.e. it isn't suid root and wants to write to /etc/utmp) and
> won't write a utmp entry. Try building the package from a true console,
> and this will work.

Gasp, you're right. I've always tried it through an emacs shell. But
why does perl need an utmp'ed tty to do its work ?
BTW, I have no problem with color_xterm...

> > BTW, it cannot find dependencies on the libg++ and libstdc++
> > libraries, it warns with:
> > How should I deal with that ?
> report a bug on the libg++ package and generate the necessary dependency
> by hand until the bug is fixed.

Is it a libg++ (2.7.1-2) problem ? Or shouldn't dpkg-shlibdeps figure
it out itself ?

Phil.