Re: Uploading packages via e-mail?

Dale Scheetz wrote:
:
: On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Christoph Lameter wrote:
:
: > Perhaps we should set up something that allows the uploading of new
: > packages via e-mail?

Definitivly yes.  The link to debian seems to become slower and slower,
sometimes master isn't accessible at all (from european(german) view).
Since chiark isn't on the net any more ther's no possibility left to
upload any package -- and since I (most of us) have a (charged) modem connection
only, we've not the patience to wait for hours to get a package
uploaded.

Due to the current (in)accessibility of master I feel excluded myself from
maintaining Debian :-(

Ian, where are you and your chiark?
Ian, where are you and your chiark?
Ian, where are you and your chiark?

: As long as you have no forward on your master account you could mail it
: there and then telnet to master and move it into Incoming. However, most
: packages are probably to large to do this very effectively.

You need to log in and issue some commands anyway.  Fairly impossible
over a such slow links.

[ Hoooa -- I just saw: policy.ps.gz 66.1 kB in 653s --> 0.1 kB/s !!! ]

Hello you on master (Bruce?, Simon?) -- please could you set up an
address for packages to be uploaded using mailshar or somewhat similiar ...

    Heiko
--
email : heiko@lotte.sax.de heiko@debian.org heiko@sax.de
pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92