Re: ae as default editor?

On Mon, 23 Sep 1996, James A. Robinson wrote:

> Well, I imagine if one takes that idea further, one would say that ae
> is the editor on the base disk because it is easier to use.

Plus it's very small.

> I think the real reason goes back to the fact that experienced users
> can set their EDITOR variable, or handle ae.

That's why I made ae the default editor for vipw.  That and the fact
that otherwise, vipw on the base disks won't work.

And for those of you who think I should rename vipw to aepw or editpw
or emacspw or that I should look at the first strlen()-2 letters and
try to call that, I saw: Pbtlhhhh!

Guy