Re: Newer version of gdb and binutils?

You (Frank Neumann) wrote:

> Hi,
> there have been newer versions of these two programs out for some time
> now:
> gdb-4.16 (current in Debian: 4.15)
> binutils-2.7 (current in Debian: 2.6)
>
> David, are you working on debianizing the newer versions? I'm pretty much
> interested in a newer binutils, because the current Debian version does
> not generate correct code for the 68060 processor (like the current 2.0.18
> kernel on accelerated m68k machines). A patch to gdb-4.16 has also been made
> available by Andreas Schwab to make it compile on m68k. If you want, I
> can send it to you.

If anyone is going to do this, please base it on

ftp://ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/miquels/debian/BETA/binutils-2.7-1.tar.gz

This is the version I use on the Alpha. I've merged the debian binutils-2.6
and the FSF binutils-2.7 to get a version that is backwards compatible
with building older kernels.

Mike.
--
   Miquel van      | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
   Smoorenburg,    | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/