Re: Who is doing the libc6 package?

You (Bruce Perens) wrote:
> Who is doing the libc6 package? It would be interesting to see how
> much of our stuff builds and runs off of this, and how much trouble
> it has with shadow password, etc.

Me. On the Alpha, that is. It uses libc6 as its primary libc, and
the Alpha patches are 30% 64-bit changes and 70% libc6 changes. For
the i386 it would easiest to work from that.

I'll finally have some time to work on this again, I'm just waiting
for Richard H. to release the Alpha patches to the latest snapshot.

> It also changes the format of some configuration files, I fear. I noticed
> a different format for the resolver configuration file. We should figure
> out what we are doing about that.

Not that I know of. It does add a new file: /etc/service.switch, but
that's about all. And it has reasonable defaults if that file is missing.

Mike.
--
   Miquel van      | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
   Smoorenburg,    | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/