debian-manuals 126.96.36.199: minor changes
This is the version in dpkg 1.4.0 (in dpkg-dev).
debian-manuals (188.8.131.52) unstable;
* Hard links are forbidden in source packages (they didn't work anyway,
and can't easily be made to work reliably).
* Do not use dpkg-divert or update-alternatives without consultation.
* Do not need to declare dependencies on Essential packages.
* Restrictions on Pre-Depends stated in policy manual.
* debian/substvars file is now almost always auto-generated.
* Shared libraries must be installed stripped.
* Essential and Pre-Depends put together in policy manual.
* Explained component-wise (file-wise) vs. package-wise dependencies.
-- Ian Jackson <email@example.com> Thu, 12 Sep 1996 01:00:41 +0100