Re: dpkg and dependencies

On Thu, 5 Sep 1996, Guy Maor wrote:

> [very helpful description of dependencies deleted]
> I agree with Ian's definition.

me to. :-)

> The alternative is unpleasant - a multitude of tiny packages.

nevertheless dpkg should be divided into two binary packages:
dpkg (which is the most esential base package of all :-), and
dpkg-source, which only the developers will want to have.

this way the dependencies (while different) could eventually
become simpler?

jjm

--
Juergen Menden                   | Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by me,
tel:    +49 (89) 289 - 22387     +-----------+ are (usually) not the opinions

Hi! I'm a .signature virus!  Add me to your .signature and join in the fun!