Re: New virtual package names.

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

> Rob, the declaration of ae as essential has been declared a
> bug. This kept ae from being removed which caused some to complain.

I cannot comprehend that anyone would care about one 54K package that
is arguably a special case (the most rudimentary editor).  If we were
doing stuff like this for 20 packages, fine, but we're not.

This issue is not worth worrying about.  The "right" solution (even if
we could agree on it), would require way more effort (i.e. any effort)
than the problem warrants.  Make "ae" Essential, and forget it.  We
have many more interesting and important things to worry about.

--
Rob