BSD lpr vs. LPRng

I created an LPRng package for Debian. LPRng is an enhanced BSD-like
print spooler and is nearly compatible. (It is available at
ftp://iona.ie/pub/plp/LPRng/ ).

I'm thinking of obsoleting the lpr package by LPRng.

Pros:
- active developer mailing lists
- lot of special print filters (e.g. for HP LaseJet) exist for LPRng
- LPRng has options for distributing printcap via YP, Hesiod etc.
- better permission management

Cons:
- minor incompatibility (needs addditional flag in printcap for
  printing to BSD lpd printers)
- not as widespread as BSD lpr

What do you think about this ? I'd especially like to hear comments
from people who used BSD lpr and LPRng.

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de> ; WWW : http://www.sax.de/~sr1/