Re: /usr/local (again)

>I sort of thought we had settled on (a).  Although I would normally
>expect /usr/*local* to be local, I don't see any reason not to be
>friendly to unusual setups especially in the case of (c) where it
>doesn't cost anything, assuming the base package puts in a reasonable
>default.

Well, in my case it is local, as in "local to the site".  On many unix
installations it is not uncommon for /usr/local to be a nfs mount.

Besides, aren't we supposed not make assumptions about /usr/local at
all (according to FSSTND/FHS)?

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
bofh@bofh.me.umn.edu			University of MN, ME Dept