Re: dpkg 1.3.8: dpkg-buildpackage -sa works and is recommended

Ian Jackson wrote:
> > BTW: I didn't have much time the last weeks (and I won't have much
> > time the next weeks) so I wasn't able to check if this new source
> > format will also work for packages like netstd (packages which contain
> > lots of "sub packages" each with its own original source. Do you
> > see any problems with it?
>
> I'm afraid I totally fail to understand the netbase and netstd source
> packages.

Ian Murdock wanted to have them that way to make it easier to download
the sources for a single program. The size of the sources of the first
net package were ~2MB ...

> The new source packaging scheme will require you to put all of these
> sub-packages together, and turn the whole thing into a normal package.

No problem. The archive with the original sources would be my own
collection of original sources then ...

Thanks,

Peter

--
 Peter Tobias                                EMail:
 Fachhochschule Ostfriesland                 tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de