Re: Shadow problems

>Cc: debian-devel@lists.debian.org (Debian Development)
>
>Bruce Perens writes:
>>
>> Let's plan on having "shadow" be part of the base for 1.2 . We should thus
>> have the default "login" be aware of it, etc.
>
>But the question remains, which login? The standard one patched, or the
>shadow one, or both and the user decides?

Quick question (which may show some of my ignorance of the current
linux shadow stuff):

Will inclusion of the 'shadow' package as default interfere with the
use of NIS passwd/group entries? Our installation is fairly dependent
on NIS.

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
bofh@bofh.me.umn.edu			University of MN, ME Dept