/usr/lib/locale and /usr/share/locale

Hello all,

A quick question (probably directed most at Ian). I notice that
/usr/lib/locale is part of the base system, but that nothing uses it.

OTOH, some packages do provide /usr/share/locale:

$ dpkg -S /usr/share/locale
textutils, fileutils, sharutils: /usr/share/locale

I have to decide what to use since the new GNU libc6 wants to know
where the locale directory is, and with the new FSSTND coming up, and
existing practice, etc.

/usr/lib/locale    or   /usr/share/locale ?

[I've configured it for /usr/share/locale at the moment]

Mike.
--
  Miquel van    | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
  Smoorenburg,  | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/