Re: buzz-fixed - it is essential; how do we make it ?

[ NB: I read the list.  Don't CC replies to me.  I pay for my PPP.  Thanks ]

Ian Jackson:
> I'm absolutely convinced that we need a `buzz-fixed' directory, to
> which Debian-1.1.<patchlevel> and stable are made to point.

I'm happy if we can get one soon.

I'm not sure I understood what you meant.  Let me paraphrase what I
think you might have meant, and you'll correct me:

	1. Create buzz-fixed as a symlink copy of buzz.
	2. When a package is released that must go into buzz-fixes,
	   a symlink to it also goes to buzz-fixed.
	3. Rebuild buzz-fixes/Packages and buzz-fixed/Packages.

Nothing changes under buzz, right?

Actually, I'm not sure we need buzz-fixes/Packages, but if we do, shouldn't
it be identical to buzz-fixed/Packages?

I have a slight preference to having the packages in buzz-fixes and
only symlinks in buzz-fixed (remember: buzz-fixed is initially just a
symlink copy of buzz), but I don't really care either way.

If I'm completely wrong, just say so.  I'm hazy on how all this works
in practice.

If I'm right, I don't think I have anything to complain about, except
that the name difference buzz-fixes and buzz-fixed is too small; perhaps
buzz-fixes and buzz-better would be better names?  (I think we already
have buzz-fixes, although my mirror is still downloading.)

> Comments - especially from the members of iwj-mastercron@master - are
> welcome.

Oops, sorry. :)