Re: Entry for the Distribution-HOWTO

Hi,

>         different sources and systems.  Non-free packages and optional
>         support for shadow passwords are also available, making Debian a

It might be a good idea to call the support for shadow passwords
"experimental" or "beta" just to be safe (not all packages support
them yet).  I'll try to help to make it fully working and better
integrated with the rest of Debian for the next release.

Also, mentioning non-free packages and shadow passwords in one sentence
might suggest to someone that shadow passwords are still non-free...

I'd suggest something like the following:

Optional support for shadow passwords is available, although it should
be considered experimental in the 1.1 release.

(and then write something about non-free packages)

Regards,

Marek