Re: Can packages add to their installed list of files?

Erick Branderhorst writes:
 > > My problem here is that I have a package that installs files that can
 > > be automatically localized. I don't want to force a user to get files
 > > localized for each language actually handled (in general, at this point
 > > this is not a problem), so the postinst script is able to do the
 > > localization of the files installed. But I would like have the generated
 > > files marked as belonging to the package, and removed by dpkg. Is it
 > > possible?
 >
 > well it seems to be, I don't understand what your localization method is
 > doing but you might be able to explain it with some example or so.

It just knows the translation for some strings and modify the files
accordingly. I do *not* want to make messages files and then use gettext()
on the strings I want to translate because I want the files to be
easily editable by everyone, and because my program is written in Perl
and there's no real support for gettext in Perl actually. If the gettext
methods could be dynamically linked in Perl, maybe I'd give a try to it.

Yves.