Re: Package names

Hi,

	I think that in the absence of an updated guideline document,
 there should be a clarification of whether the tar.gz and diff files
 followed the same convention of using underscores. I thought that they
 did, and agreed with the change, since all the file names looked
 similair and sorted the same, and ease-of-use to humans is what the
 whole naming convention was about.

	But Erick has a totally dis-similar view-point, and this
 should be cleared up. In the meanwhile, I have put this into my
 debian.rules files ;-)
# separators
sep1 = _
sep2 = _
sep3 = .
sep4 = .
source:
	( cd source-tmp && tar cvf - $(package) | \
             gzip -9f > ../../$(package)$(sep1)$(debian)$(sep3)tar$(sep4)gz )

	manoj

--
 I know engineers.  They love to change things. Dr. McCoy
Manoj Srivastava               Systems Research Programmer, Project Pilgrim,