Re: Keeping non-free separate

From: Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi>

> Someone suggested that we should forget about non-free and fold all
> non-free software into the normal distribution.

Don't worry about it. There is absolutely no chance that we could ever
do this. It would cause misery for the CD manufacturers, for
one thing. By having a non-free directory we make it possible for them
to easily figure out what they can put on CD and what they can't. Many
of the non-free programs can't be sold.

The second reason is that we're still committed to the free software
concept.

No, no point on arguing about this one. It won't happen.

	Thanks

	Bruce