Re: Netscape Mail & /var/spool/mail permissions

I see the problem now - thanks.

I'm not on the developers' list, so I'll miss any responses that aren't
cc'd.

I believe procmail, when configured as the "Mlocal" delivery agent, will
handle improperly owned files at delivery time.  I don't recall if it
renames the prior file, or chowns it - but things end up working out
nicely.

We use procmail as the local delivery agent on all the mail hubs we set
up these days (sun, sgi, dec).  It's been working nicely.

Nice side effect: users don't need gibberish in their .forward's to use
.procmailrc's, if you set procmail up as the local delivery agent.