Re: Binary-only packages

Bruce Perens writes ("Re: Binary-only packages"):
> > Then I see no problem in moving xforms there. Shall I create a new package
> > or do we just move it? Also do I have to add 'Section: contrib' to the
> > control file, or does it remain 'Section: x11' with a contrib entry in teh
> > changes file?
>
> The file should go in contrib/binary-i386/x11 . I haven't looked at contrib
> in a while - if it's not organized like "unstable", it probably should be.
>
> Probably the section in the control file should remain x11.

contrib and non-free are not laid out like unstable, because they have
so few packages.  contrib in particular is very small, and
subdirectories would be pointless.

At the moment packages in contrib and non-free have section contrib
and non-free, as appropriate, and usually priority extra.  Should we
continue this policy ?  dselect supports a `contrib' priority, but we
haven't used it.

Ian.