Re: Overrides confusions

On Wed, 5 Jun 1996, Ian Jackson wrote:

> mingetty is in the base directory on the FTP site, but so is getty.
> Which of these should be required/base and which optional/admin or
> extra/admin ?

getty (really agetty) is required/base.  The other is admin.

> The lib{jpeg6a,png1,gr}-dev and svgalib1-dev packages are in devel at
> the moment, but I think they should be in graphics.  I'll move these
> too.

In the past, all foo-dev packages were put in devel.  It should be
policy that all foo-dev packages go in the same section as foo.

> I know that open has been withdrawn.  I'll remove it to a new
> `obsolete' directory (there didn't seem to be one when I looked
> yesterday) when nomis (the NFS server) is back.  Is vlock still
> current ?

/home/Debian/ftp/private/project/obsolete.

Note that this dir is not available from anon ftp.  That's good,
right?  I don't know about vlock.

Guy