Re: Packages without man pages...

Yves Arrouye <arrouye@marin.fdn.fr> writes:

> I'd like to suggest that packages without man pages but with an info
> manual adds a minimal manual page telling the user to read the info
> manual. It helps. As an example, after installing gimp, I ran it and
> got a fatal error (no .gimprc file). I tried a man: no man page...
> Quite frustrating, isn't it?

Right, but I didn't know a better way to handle that.  I could say
something in the postinst, but that'll only help the installer.  So I
settled on the README.1st.  I'd be happy to entertain better
solutions.  Perhaps this behavior should be filed as a bug upstream...

I like the man points to info idea...

--
Rob