Questions about a locale Debian package...
I try to study a Debian package for locale...
Is there somebody working on the subject?
I have severals questions...
First, what must we put in this package?
- the character map definition files? (2742Ko)
(maybe only ISO* charmap? (433Ko))
- the source collection of locale definition files? (1533Ko)
- the compiled collection of locale definition files...? yes, of course! (495Ko)
(languages supported are:
Second, I've not seen lot's of things in the fsstnd-1.2 about
locale... I suggest these paths
- charmap: /usr/share/nls/charmap
- locales source: /usr/share/nls/locale
- locales compiled: /usr/lib/locale or /usr/share/locale?
Indeed, we may use "/usr/lib/locale" for the compiled locales
but we must then modify libc5... libc5 is just looking in the
Last, I use the WG15-collection.tar collected by Keld Simonsen (email@example.com)
from the DKUUG on behalf of the ISO POSIX WG, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG15.
I think we should use something like "WG15.??" for the original version and
"locale" for the package name. But i haven't seen anything to ordering
the version number... no special date, no special number... Any idea?
Christophe Le Bars - Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
101110100101000111111 Utilisez Linux Debian! 100101010010000110010