kernel-package tar file unpacks into ./linux/

Hi,

	I have recieved the following request from a user of
kernel-package, and did not want to act precipitatedly, since now
there is (hopefully) an installed base for the package.

:: Manoj, Could you seriously consider making the tar.gz file upload
:: in the current directory, not in ./linux? It's painful to have to
:: move a linux link to point to my various kernel sources (I do
:: have some...) just to unpack your really nice package.

	Would this be a major problem for people who use
kernel-package? (this may not be a big disaster anyway, since even if
the user expects the tar file to unpack in ./linux and it unpacks into
./, one just removes debian* in the current directory. IMHO it is
unlikely to stopm over any files, since one would not normally unpack
it in a directory with debian* files).

	It may make using this package slightly easier, since then you
don't need to have ./linux pointing to a valid directory (makes the
debian.rules rule simpler too).

	comments?

		manoj

--
I am here by the will of the people and I won't leave until I get my
raincoat back.  -- a slogan of the anarchists in Richard Kadrey's

--SAA02491.833582102/diamond.pilgrim.umass.edu--