Re: Binary-only packages

On Tue, 28 May 1996, Sven Rudolph wrote:

> When you are not allowed to distribute the binary version the decision
> is quite easy (as for the netscape package): The source package onyl
> contains the debian.* files, as does the binary package. The original
> binary archive has to be available at installation time.

We are allowed to distribute the binary (I don't think it even has to go
in the non-free - though I may have read the license incorrectly), we
just don't have access to the source. Currently I've only released a
binary package, I'm wondering if I should release a source package, and
if so - what do I put in it? The binary and debian.* so that someone can
make a binary package? (Though I don't see why - one is already available)

-- Run.exe
runexe@ntplx.net http://www.ntplx.net/~runexe/ Finger me for PGP key
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips
over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come."
                -- Matt Groening