Re: Status of /usr/X11

maor@ece.utexas.edu (Guy Maor)  wrote on 28.05.96 in <[🔎] Pine.SOL.3.91.960528001210.2454D-100000@brando.ece.utexas.edu>:

> On Fri, 24 May 1996, Stephen Early wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 24 May 1996, Rob Browning wrote:
> >
> > > So I just wanted to check, Is the /usr/X11 link part of
> > > Debian?  i.e. will a newly installed 1.1 system have it?  If not, I
> > > better double-check my other packages.
> >
> > /usr/X11 does not exist in Debian.
>
> The netscape debian package makes this link.

No. The netscape installer uses /usr/.NSX and patches netscape so it uses
this one instead of /usr/X386.

I know because I got it to install the latest beta (3.0b4) yesterday,
which took some script-fiddling (but not much - for what it does, it's
remarkably simple to understand). By the way, the latest beta is now ELF;
this fact didn't need _any_ script change!

MfG Kai