Re: Experience with 5/21 boot/root/base disks

Bruce Perens wrote:

> > "No dependency information for module /lib/modules/current/fs/isofs.o"
>
> Oh darn. I did put a "depmod -a" in the kernel installation step.
> It's in the install_kernel() function in /Install/extract_kernel.sh .
> I wonder what's going wrong?

Aaah, but in this case it's the kernel off of the original
(i.e. downloaded from master) boot disk, not the one installed
on the hard disk, right?.

> > ll_rw_block: device 08:01: only 512-char blocks implemented (4096)
>
> Any I/O errors before this?

Not that I've noticed, but I did have a lock-up recently after
leaving the system on for several days, which I don't usually do.
(I have a system at work that's stayed up for months, though).

Steve Greenland

--
The Mole - I think, therefore I scream

			Delta: Terrorists are afraid to fly with us.
[DAVID LETTERMAN!]