Unanswered dpkg problem...

Hi -

I still waiting for a simple fix to the dpkg problem where in various
.deb packages are not recognized as a debian archive.  The most notable
packages have been texbin, mfbin and mflib.  Obviously, there has been
some change to the .deb format, which dpkg does not recognize (although
it is version 1.1.16elf).  It should not be all that difficult to
produce a package management program which will be able to read one's
own package format!

At any rate, if I don't get an answer soon I will have to delete
the Debian installation.  There's no use trying out a system in
which its own packages are not recognizable to itself.

Bill