Re: pine doesn't handle pgp signed messages (was Re: New uploads)

On Fri, 17 May 1996, Ian Jackson wrote:

> > All i get is
> >   [Part 1, Application/X-PGP-MESSAGE  4.7KB]
> >   [Can not display this part. Use the "V" command to save in a file]
>
> This is not a bug in Pine (wow!)  It's a bug in whatever program
> Michael Meskes is using to generate is messages.  They say, in the
> headers:

Aha!  So that explains why pine can handle other mime encoded messages
(e.g. text/iso-8859 etc) but not these pgp signed messages from elm.
Good...it's not my fault...i thought i hadnt properly RTFMed the mime
man pages.

Somebody else posted that pine 3.92 supported pgp very nicely...maybe
Dale should update pine to this version, get a copy of the script used
and bundle it with the pine package.  Still wont fix the problem with
elm signed messages, but it'll give us pine users a standard interface
to pgp :-)

Can you think of any way to easily add support for pine to deal with
elm's broken pgp signing? there's lots of elm readers out there which do
pgp this way...

Craig