Re: Re^2: Another shadow question[A

On Tue, 14 May 1996, Michael Meskes wrote:

> Marek Michalkiewicz writes:
> > Not yet.  Hopefully soon...  Other packages which don't yet support
> > shadow passwords (that I know of): netatalk, xbase (more precisely,
> > xdm and also HasShadowPasswd in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/linux.cf
> > so that xmkmf does the right thing).
>
> Hmm, should the shadow package update /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/linux.cf
> if it exists?

No, it shouldn't. linux.cf (and all the other .cf files there) should
contain the details of how the currently installed X system was compiled.
We don't update the kernel version number listed there either, when we
install new kernels. I'll include shadow support (I've been sent a patch)
in the next xbase, but I don't expect to have a chance to work on it for a
week or so.

Steve Early
sde1000@cam.ac.uk