[Fwd: 1.1 base doesn't provide /var/log/wtmp]

I'm sure there's been discussion about /var/log/wtmp but I can't
remember it. Should it be a symbolic link to /var/run/wtmp or what?

	Thanks

	Bruce
--- Begin Message ---
On a DEBIAN 1.1 system which I installed from scratch recently, there
is no
	/var/log/wtmp
which means that there is no information available for the last
command.

A look at the table of contents of base1_1.tgz, dated 28-Apr-1996,
reveals that the file is not on the base disks. Or is there another
package which should provide this file later on?

		Cheers,
			Lukas

--- End Message ---