advice on package

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of slrn, a newsreader. This newsreader depends on
libslang. Now, the different versions of libslang are not compatible with
each other, so when somebody upgrades libslang without upgrading slrn
also, slrn breaks. Other ways around also: when somebody upgrades slrn
(which is presumably linked with a different version of libslang the user
has), slrn breaks too.

Does anybody has any suggestions on how this should be handled? I myself
was thinking of something like 'Depends: libslang (=version)'.

Will this approach catch all possible misconfigurations?

Suggestions are very welcome

Maarten

| Maarten Boekhold, Faculty of Electrical Engineering TU Delft,   NL  |
|   boekhold@cindy.et.tudelft.nl boekhold@gopher.library.tudelft.nl   |
|                  Take life as a party!                              |