Re: Help with Replaces/Conflicts fields!

Christian Hudon wrote:
> What do I put if the control file if I want my termcap-compat package to
> totally replace an installed libtermcap package?
> Should I 'replace', 'replace & conflict' or 'conflict' with libtermcap?
> It'd be appreciated if someone could explain the difference between these
> three...

Use 'Replaces: pkg_X' if you want to takeover some files
from pkg_X, but leave pkg_X installed with any remaining files.
Use 'Replaces: pkg_X' and 'Conflicts: pkg_X' if you want to
take over files and then have any remaining files removed and
pkg_X deinstalled, thus totally eliminating pkg_X. I think
you want to both 'Replace' and 'Conflict' with libtermcap.

If you just use 'Conflicts', then the user will have to remove
libtermcap before installing your package.

Steve Greenland

The Mole - I think, therefore I scream

			   "Watch out, world!
			    Here comes Ford!"