Re: Incoming directory status

On Fri, 10 May 1996, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> You (Guy Maor) wrote:
> > I'm not sure if it's emacs or ncurses, but one of them is extremely
> > picky about the /etc/termcap file.  I assume this file will be included
> > in your termcap-compat package.  For example, they dislike slashes (/)
> > in the terminal names.
> I haven't looked yet myself so I could be totally wrong here, but the
> "old" debian termcap file and the one from termcap-2.0.8 are totally out
> of date. With the ncurses package a "master" termcap/info file is included
> from which the terminfo entries are generated, and from which a matching
> termcap file can be created. You probably want to include that file as
> the termcap file.

The old debian termcap is, but not the one in termcap-2.0.8. Witness:

chrish@pianocktail:[~/debian/my-packages/termcap-compat] >head termcap.src
#       Version 9.8.1
#       termcap syntax
#       Eric S. Raymond         (current maintainer)
#       John Kunze, Berkeley
#       Craig Leres, Berkeley

That's what you were thinking about, right? Or 9.8.1 also getting old?

Err... Although I guess it'd be better to be using exactly the same
version that terminfo uses. I'll look into that.