Re: aout-gcc

> Who's currently maintaining the aout gcc? Shouldn't we try to have an aout
> version of the gcc-2.7.2 to have the same version for both gccs? Or is there
> a problem with 2.7.2 in aout?

I am the current, reluctant maintainer for aout-gcc.  There are two
reasons it was left at version 2.6.3.  The first was stability since
Debian 0.93R6 was built with it (this is the same reason aout-binutils
is still at version 2.5.2).  The second was to encourage development
to move to ELF.  You'll need to find another, more willing maintainer
if you want it upgraded.  I'd prefer see the aout-* packages phased
out instead of upgraded.

David