Re: new 'older' files on ftp.debian.org?

At 04:22 PM 5/6/96 -0400, you wrote:
>> >Just as a side note I just noticed that I received about 200megs from
>> >master in last few days..
>>
>> Oh dear.  More saturation for the mirrors...  Mirror sites might want to add
>> get_newer=false from now on if this is going to happen often (including you
>> perhaps, Matt...).
>
>This would be bad as the "Packages", "Packages.gz", "Contents", etc. files
>would then never be updated on mirror sites.
>
>                                        Brian

I was told that get_newer=false will still get files that have changed in
byte size - and I'm sure that the Packages and Contents files will change in
size :-)  (If I'm wrong then tell me and I'll abuse the person who told me:-)

Regards,

...Karl
--
Karl Ferguson <karl@tower.net.au>                Tel: +61-9-455-3446