Downloading from web site

In message <199605051511.PAA20465@ind206ab.wi.leidenuniv.nl>, J.H.M.Dassen writes:
>fixed now. Please notice that the URLs produced are FTP-URLs; the FTP site
>is overflowed with requests, so please download from a mirror
>(see http://www.debian.org/ftp-list.html).

Maybe we should try and set up something like Tom Christiansen has
running on http://www.perl.com/, where it looks at your incoming download
requests, and redirects you to the nearest mirror?

I'm just throwing this out---although I'm almost 100% certain Tom makes
his package available, I don't have the slightest idea what would be
required to set it up.  I suspect that, as a minimum, we would have to
have http:// URLs for those files, rather than ftp.  I don't know for
sure, though.

Mike.
--
"Don't let me make you unhappy by failing to be contrary enough...."